Wedding 16.12.17



Hello everyone! 


Majority of the people voted (at instagram!) to read my wedding planning process and the details of vendors that I have engaged, so here it is. (Sorry that it took quite awhile because I have been busy settling down at my new nest!)


Wedding planning


When I was a child, I always wanted to hold my wedding banquet at Shangri-la Hotel, no idea why but I just love that place. Ken made my dream come true and we decided to throw a grand wedding banquet since marrying is once in a lifetime. 😊


In the early stages of preparation, it is impossible to fathom how much work is involved and how many details need to be taken care of. Wedding planning was not an easy feat I must say; hectic planning and fickle decisions especially when two families are involved. We want to value their opinions, involvement and come to a mutual consensus; example, tradition and religion. It is hard to strike a balance but we are grateful that both set of parents are easy-going that made everything went smooth-sailing at the end of day.


Since it is a big scale wedding, Ken and I decided to off-load these heavy tasks to the expert of wedding planner. They know it best in managing behind the scenes coordination and bring the event to life. Had the privilege to work with Hazel (my wedding planner) from Haithwedplanning and it was hands down the best decision I have ever made. She is a professional in every sense of the word.






This was taken right after my make up trial, thank you Hazel for always being right by my side, doing the extra mile 💓 The services that she provide includes videographer, photographer, bilingual Emcee, bridal make up and hairstyle + moms & 4 pieces of live band.  




The highlights; Live-band



(My vocalist, Amanda Lee, is one of the top 7 Project Superstar in 2014 if you find her familiar)




The whole wedding situation vibe was set in by this team of band's live performance. 

I personally feel that having a live band is easier to get your guests attention and emotions unlike the pre-recorded songs do. In addition to that, the presence of a live band can enhance the physical beauty of the ballroom. 😊


Amanda Lee together with her team members were very well rehearsed, prepared and confident. Their songs are so captivating and alluring that enable them to resonate with everyone in the ballroom. 

They even prepared dedication cards on the table for my guests to write short messages/ songs that they would like the band to sing.
The band members are very versatile in all genres and able to accommodate to many songs requests that was not even on their list. 

In all honesty, I received many raved compliments that the band I engaged was great and I definitely agree. 
Thank you Hazel, my wedding planner, for choosing the right band members that best fit my exceptions. Their talent was top notch! 


Dear Amanda Lee & Team, 
Ken and I felt so lucky that we were able to book you for our wedding. You guys were incredible, I need to take a moment to tell all of you how touched I was when the band took the time and effort to learn both of my march in songs live during a short span of time. It was really an unforgettable grand experience.  
That was a priceless moment and you guys made it happen.
 I cant really think of anything that would have been better if done differently. 
I wish you guys the best of the best! 




The highlights: Emcee







Emcee role might sound pretty straight-forward like conduct the evening just by announcing on the microphone.

In fact, they shoulder the heaviest duty and responsibilities on the wedding reception 

because they are quintessential to setting the energy, structure/ ensuring smooth-flow of the reception and bring up the atmosphere livelier.

In my opinion, hosting a wedding reception has a lot of moving parts.

Only an experience Emcee knows how to react to surprises like technical issues, hiccups when things are running late and handling awkward silence and still can continue emcee-ing without anyone knowing something has gone wrong. Most importantly, they won't fumble for words!

Hazel found me Karin
  (a freelance Chinese Radio DJ at MediaCorp LOVE 97.2FM).! 💓

Understandably, everyone wants to have a smooth wedding at the same time being cost effective. I guess Haithwedplanning is the only vendor that can provide such affordable and quality service!


I like the way Karin represent herself on behalf of us to host the wedding reception with well balance of formalities and humorous fun.

My wedding was a crowd of 650 people made up of parents, grandparents, co-workers, friends etc. Karin can speak in a way that appeals to all of these ages and personalities. She mastered her verbiage that flows effortlessly and seamlessly without the need to read off from a script that is worth the applaud.

Both Ken and I appreciate her composure, spontaneity and natural flair that can build quick rapport with my guests and injected so much fun and laughter!


Dear Karin, 


The emcee is the heart of any event, thank you again for playing a key role in the success of our celebration. Particularly loved the way you conducted our toasting session. Everyone was captured by your humor and the atmosphere was very uplifting. We would certainly consider engaging you again should we require any emcee services for the future events. 

Impressive! 
All the best Karin!


I would also like to take this chance to thanks The Scarlet Hotel for giving me the privilege to be the first couple to shoot at your location. 



Hazel gave me a pleasant surprise by arranging this pre-wed video shoot at The Scarlet Hotel!
Really didnt expect that!
She proposed to take this scene of video to blend in with my actual day highlight to create the very royal/ princess feel, mind blown.. It turn out to be so nicely edited!
Their videography and photography is worth the praise!


The design of the hotel is extremely bold and dramatic; covered in a variety of vibrant jewel-tone colors and two glistening chandelier set against a shimmering gold tile facade which added flavors to the videography.

The hotel is best known for their individuality themed suites set apart by distinctive design that offer such opulent looking setting
We chose "Passion Suite with outdoor balcony" for this shoot, absolutely loving it! 😀

Thank you The Scarlet Hotel once again!
















Thank you Haithwedplanning for making our wedding a memorable one! 
Instagram: @haithwedplanning
Hand Bouquet: @thewildestflowersg , @lizflorals
Ballroom decor: @victoriaweddingcollection
Heels: @bernsofficial 
Prewed Video: @thescarlet_sg 
Prewed Photograpghy: @Brandlam 
Gown: My Dream Wedding 
Prewed make up: @cocoonmakeupandhair, @charlane_yu @esta_hsu_makeup


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asen's 1yo Photoshoot

Wedding details..